Thread-safe libraries

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Mon Mar 1 14:56:11 EST 2004

In article <tslfzd05kij.fsf at konishi-polis.mit.edu>,
 hartmans at mit.edu (Sam Hartman) wrote:

>     Lukas> Is there any progress in the ability of Kerberos libraries
>     Lukas> on Linux to be used by threads-enabled applications?  I'm
>     Lukas> still having troubles using sasl kerberos authentication to
>     Lukas> ldap server on Linux (Debian). It always fails when
>     Lukas> parallel connection appears.  Is there any solution for
>     Lukas> this now?  Thank you.
>
> I believe someone has written a patch to the SASL library to use
> mutexes around GSSAPI calls.

That sounds like Simon Wilkinson.  I have done this too,
but I'm sure his code is at least better tested.  Unless
I missed something, it can be done with fairly simple
changes to one source file (plugins/gssapi.c) and does
away with a few little headaches if you're not otherwise
using Heimdal already.

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu