Using non kerberized services on Solaris9 client

Judi Buff buffj at tamug.edu
Mon Jun 28 17:28:53 EDT 2004

I have set up my Solaris9 server as a client so that all users on this
server will authenticate from KDC's off campus.  Kinit, kdestroy, and
klist are working.

But, I'm not sure what to do next so that my users will authenticate
with their kerberos password, but use non-kerberized services such as
telnet, ftp, and ssh.  In other words, when they type the command telnet
servername.domain.edu I want it to accept the kerberos password and
destroy the ticket when they log out.  Can this be done?

We are only interested in using kerberos for single-sign-on.  Our users
will be able to continue using services as usual.  We are running
tcpwrappers to control who can use the services.

Thanks,

Judith Buff
Computer Systems Mgr/WebCT Admin
Texas A&M University at Galveston