Solaris9 server as client

Judi Buff buffj at tamug.edu
Thu Jun 17 11:47:06 EDT 2004

I am on the domain tamug.edu trying to setup a Solaris9 server
(tarpon.tamug.edu) as a client authenticating on KDC's in the realm
TAMU.EDU.  In the krb5.conf file under [domain_realm] section I have
added the following for my server's name '.tarpon.tamug.edu=TAMU.EDU and
tarpon.tamug.edu=TAMU.EDU.

When I use kinit username to connect, it comes back with the following
error:

% kinit judith-a-buff
Password for judith-a-buff at TAMU.EDU:
kinit: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting initial
credentials

The username and password being used have been verified as correct.  Can
you tell me what this means?

Thank you,

Judith Buff
Computer Systems Mgr/WebCT Admin