Bug in Kerberos JDK 1.4.2 / Windows XP ?

Seema Malkani Seema.Malkani at Sun.COM
Fri Jun 18 16:35:46 EDT 2004

Claude,

It appears that have configured your Windows domain to be all lower-case.
Kerberos realm names are case sensitive. By convention, all realm names are
uppercase. On Windows domains are also Kerberos realms, and realm name
is always the uppercase version of the domain name.

The LSA API called from the Java Kerberos library obtained the native ticket
for current domain. Hence if your domain is configured to be lower-case,
LSA API obtained the ticket with lower-case realm.

This issue has been fixed in J2SE 1.5.0 beta2 available at:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp

Alternatively, you can reconfigure your Windows domain to be
all uppercase, and you'll get the Kerberos Ticket correctly.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

For any questions on Sun's implementation of Java GSS/Kerberos,
please communicate to us via java-security at sun.com alias.

Seema