tickets not showing up

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Jul 27 10:34:50 EDT 2004

David Tsai wrote:

> Hi, I'm new to Kerberos from the admin/developer end of things and am working on a Java 1.4.2 GSS-API project where I'm trying to kerberize a few classes.  I set up a KDC on a Linux 9 server and have a Windows XP client machine connecting to it.  I ran the JAAS Authenticaction tutorial at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/AcnOnly.html and it said "authentification succeeded".  However, when I do a "klist" on the KDC server or on the Windows XP machine, I don't see any tickets issued.  I system.out'ed the mysubject.getPrivateCredentials() and it prints out all the info for a ticket that I supposedly got, but I am baffled at why klist doesn't show it.
>
> Any insight on this would be greatly apprecitaed.

The tickets may be in a seperate cache, or only in memory accessable via java. See the
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jaas/spec/com/sun/security/auth/module/Krb5LoginModule.html
where it talks about the ticketCache, and useTicketCache

If you use the non-java klist, you may have to point at this, or set the KRB5CCNAME to point at it.
.