tickets not showing up

David Tsai dwtsai at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 27 04:30:40 EDT 2004

Hi, I'm new to Kerberos from the admin/developer end of things and am working on a Java 1.4.2 GSS-API project where I'm trying to kerberize a few classes.  I set up a KDC on a Linux 9 server and have a Windows XP client machine connecting to it.  I ran the JAAS Authenticaction tutorial at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jgss/tutorials/AcnOnly.html and it said "authentification succeeded".  However, when I do a "klist" on the KDC server or on the Windows XP machine, I don't see any tickets issued.  I system.out'ed the mysubject.getPrivateCredentials() and it prints out all the info for a ticket that I supposedly got, but I am baffled at why klist doesn't show it.

Any insight on this would be greatly apprecitaed.

--DaviddFrom lmichenaud at adeuza.fr Tue Jul 27 06:06:07 2004
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:06:04 +0200
From: Michenaud Laurent <lmichenaud at adeuza.fr>
To: kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Architecture Question between Windows 2003 and Unix Mit Kerberos
 Server

Hi,

We have a Windows 2003 Server with Active Directory.
Windows 2003 Server has it own implementation of Kerberos V5 ( right ? ).
Windows 2003 Server manages the accounts into Active Directory.

We have a Linux MIT Kerberos Server.
MIT Kerberos has a user account database ( user
What we want :
Authenticate against the MIT Kerberos Server using a Windows account.

I don't know how to do that.

Should users in Windows 2003 be replicated in the MIT Kerberos Server ?
Should Mit Kerberos be able to ask the Windows 2003 Server for
authentification
if the user doesnot exist in the database ?
Is the Mit Kerberos server a slave and Windows 2003 the master ?

Thanks to help me