Problems compiling on SuSE 8.1

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 21 15:45:45 EDT 2004

>>>>> "Poulson," == Poulson, Shawn <shawn.poulson at sap.com> writes:

    Poulson,> Hello all, I'm new to Kerberos, so hopefully this isn't
    Poulson,> a completely novice question.  This is on a SuSE 8.1
    Poulson,> Enterprise (aka UnitedLinux 1.0) server.  I'm actually
    Poulson,> trying to compile Samba 3.0.4, which requires krb5.

    Poulson,> When compiling krb5 1.3.4, I get this error:
    Poulson,> /root/stuff/krb5-1.3.4/src/appl/telnet/telnet/telnet.c:783:
    Poulson,> undefined reference to `tgetent' collect2: ld returned 1
    Poulson,> exit status

Make sure you have the ncurses development libraries installed.