Problems compiling on SuSE 8.1

Poulson, Shawn shawn.poulson at sap.com
Wed Jul 21 15:16:01 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I'm new to Kerberos, so hopefully this isn't a completely novice question.  This is on a SuSE 8.1 Enterprise (aka UnitedLinux 1.0) server.  I'm actually trying to compile Samba 3.0.4, which requires krb5.

When compiling krb5 1.3.4, I get this error:
/root/stuff/krb5-1.3.4/src/appl/telnet/telnet/telnet.c:783: undefined reference to `tgetent'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The Samba mailing list has one related thread about this error, saying that it's looking for tgetent in a header from the ncurses library.  Ncurses 5.2 is installed, however I don't know what header file it's looking for to verify.

Siunce this is really a krb problem, I'd like to see if anyone on this list recognizes this problem and if there's a fix for it.

---
Shawn Poulson
shawn.poulson at sap.com