.k5login problem - please help

Marcel Karras toka at freebits.de
Mon Jul 19 10:37:23 EDT 2004

Hello,

I want to enable someone the access to my account by using the .k5login
file. I did all necessary things and immediatly started off by trying:

shell% ksu toka

Nevertheless I wasn't able to get toka's ID but /home/toka contains the
.k5login file with my principal. Furthermore there's the following error
message:

ksu: Server not found in Kerberos database while geting credentials from
kdc Authentication failed.
                                                   ^ typo in krb5

I looked for solutions on google and discovered the url
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/UserInfo/Resources/Software/kerberos/
troubleshooting.html#misc_2 which describes the issue. My /etc/hosts
file is fully qualified (including its entries) and the hostnames are
correctly mapped to the IPs and vice versa. So where could the source
of failure be located?

Thanks in advance
- Marcel Karras

Contact: toka at freebits.de   karma at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology