problems conpiling Kerberos 1.3.1 in in NetBSD 1.6ZK

Christian Palomino zakhrin at freeshell.org
Tue Feb 24 12:23:20 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:53:39 -0500
Tom Yu <tlyu at mit.edu> wrote:

> Could you please send the portion of the configure script output
> corresponding to the util/pty directory (from "configuring in
> util/pty" to the next "configuring in" line)?  That might help us to
> diagnose this problem.

 Of course, if I can give any other information, please tell me.

Thank you and best regards

configure: configuring in util/pty
configure: running /usr/pkg/bin/bash './configure' --prefix=/usr/local  --cache-file=../.././config.cache --srcdir=.
configure: loading cache ../.././config.cache
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... (cached) o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... (cached) none needed
Looking for ./../../config
configure: adding extra warning flags for gcc
built in krb4 support
checking which version of com_err to use... krb5
checking which version of subsystem package to use... krb5
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... (cached) yes
checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for socket... (cached) yes
checking if DNS Kerberos lookup support should be compiled in... yes
checking for res_search... (cached) yes
checking for gawk... (cached) awk
checking for fchmod... yes
checking for fchown... yes
checking for revoke... yes
checking for vhangup... no
checking for killpg... yes
checking for _getpty... no
checking for openpty in -lutil... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/stat.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for memory.h... (cached) yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for inttypes.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for time_t... yes
checking for strsave... no
checking for setreuid... yes
checking for gettosbyname... no
checking for setsid... yes
checking for ttyname... yes
checking for line_push... no
checking for ptsname... no
checking for grantpt... no
checking for openpty... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking libutil.h usability... no
checking libutil.h presence... no
checking for libutil.h... no
checking pty.h usability... no
checking pty.h presence... no
checking for pty.h... no
checking sys/filio.h usability... yes
checking sys/filio.h presence... yes
checking for sys/filio.h... yes
checking sys/sockio.h usability... yes
checking sys/sockio.h presence... yes
checking for sys/sockio.h... yes
checking sys/label.h usability... no
checking sys/label.h presence... no
checking for sys/label.h... no
checking sys/tty.h usability... yes
checking sys/tty.h presence... yes
checking for sys/tty.h... yes
checking sys/wait.h usability... yes
checking sys/wait.h presence... yes
checking for sys/wait.h... yes
checking ttyent.h usability... yes
checking ttyent.h presence... yes
checking for ttyent.h... yes
checking lastlog.h usability... no
checking lastlog.h presence... no
checking for lastlog.h... no
checking sys/select.h usability... yes
checking sys/select.h presence... yes
checking for sys/select.h... yes
checking sys/ptyvar.h usability... no
checking sys/ptyvar.h presence... no
checking for sys/ptyvar.h... no
checking util.h usability... yes
checking util.h presence... yes
checking for util.h... yes
checking for waitpid... yes
checking for sys_errlist declaration... (cached) yes
checking POSIX signal handlers... yes
checking for sigprocmask... (cached) yes
checking for sigset_t and POSIX_SIGNALS... (cached) yes
checking for sigsetjmp... yes
checking for sigjmp_buf... yes
checking for dirent.h... (cached) yes
checking termios.h usability... yes
checking termios.h presence... yes
checking for termios.h... yes
checking for cfsetispeed... yes
checking utmp.h usability... yes
checking utmp.h presence... yes
checking for utmp.h... yes
checking utmpx.h usability... yes
checking utmpx.h presence... yes
checking for utmpx.h... yes
checking for setutent... yes
checking for setutxent... yes
checking for updwtmp... no
checking for updwtmpx... yes
checking for logwtmp... yes
checking for getutmp... yes
checking for getutmpx... yes
checking for utmpname... yes
checking for utmpxname... yes
checking struct utmp members
checking for ut_host in struct utmp... yes
checking for ut_syslen in struct utmp... no
checking for ut_addr in struct utmp... no
checking for ut_id in struct utmp... no
checking for ut_pid in struct utmp... no
checking for ut_type in struct utmp... no
checking for ut_exit in struct utmp... no
checking struct utmpx members
checking for ut_host in struct utmpx... yes
checking for ut_syslen in struct utmpx... no
checking for ut_addr in struct utmpx... no
checking for ut_id in struct utmpx... yes
checking for ut_pid in struct utmpx... yes
checking for ut_type in struct utmpx... yes
checking for ut_exit in struct utmpx... yes
checking for working ut_exit.e_exit in struct utmpx
checking for ut_exit.__e_exit in struct utmpx... no
checking for ut_exit.ut_e_exit in struct utmpx... no
checking for ut_exit.ut_exit in struct utmpx... no
checking for ut_exit.e_exit in struct utmpx... yes
working ut_exit.e_exit in utmpx is e_exit
checking consistency of sysV-ish utmp API... not ok
configure: error: have setutent but no ut_id, ut_type, or ut_pid in utmp
configure: error: /usr/pkg/bin/bash './configure' failed for util/pty

- --
Christian Palomino
mailto::zakhrin at freeshell.org
http://www.palominocassain.com
GPG FingerPrint: BFF6 784E 01D1 1722 90C2 276A 00CD 900D 624D 100F