problems conpiling Kerberos 1.3.1 in in NetBSD 1.6ZK

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 24 10:53:39 EST 2004

zakhrin> I'm trying to compile kerberos 1.3.1 in a NetBSD 1.6ZK
zakhrin> -current. I'm getting the error:

zakhrin> working ut_exit.e_exit in utmpx is e_exit
zakhrin> checking consistency of sysV-ish utmp API... not ok
zakhrin> configure: error: have setutent but no ut_id, ut_type, or ut_pid in utmp
zakhrin> configure: error: /usr/pkg/bin/bash './configure' failed for util/pty

zakhrin>  while configuring. Do you know can I solve it? It seems like
zakhrin>  it is trying to configure for a SYSV system instead for a
zakhrin>  BSD. I had compile it fine in NetBSD 1.6.1-stable systems,
zakhrin>  but I can't get problem in this system.

Could you please send the portion of the configure script output
corresponding to the util/pty directory (from "configuring in
util/pty" to the next "configuring in" line)?  That might help us to
diagnose this problem.  I believe the problem is related to some
recent changes to utmp.h and utmpx.h in NetBSD-current which have not
propagated to 1.6.1-stable.

---Tom