LDAP, AIX & Krb5: PLEASE HELP ME!!

Sensei noone at nowhere.org
Fri Feb 13 11:45:30 EST 2004

Hi.

I hope I'll have more luck than before. I set up kerberos authentication
on aix 5.2 with the commands:

mkkrb5srv
mkkrb5clnt

All all goes well. I add a new user in the kerberos database, the user
logs in and he gets a tickets. Good.

Now, I want to use ldap for home directory lookups, as we're building an
afs cell.

Anyone can tell me how to do this:

- build ldap server over kerberos
- have ldap server use the kerberos authentication (tickets)
- users will use kerberos authentication and get the home info
- NO PASSWORD in the ldap db: *every* password is handled by kerberos

Give me some hints... I cannot find anything in the aix redbooks, on
google, and even in the ibm support.

It seems anyone uses ldap authentication to get a kerberos ticket, but I
want kerberos authentication as the main method.

--
Sensei <senseiwa:tin.it> <icq:241572242> <msn:Sensei_Sen:hotmail.com>

f u cn rd ths u r usng unx