How to obtain a keytab for a Windows application server?

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Fri Feb 13 10:15:38 EST 2004

"kadmin" is a KDC administration tool.  KfW does not include "kadmin"
because KfW does not support the hosting of a KDC on Windows.  "Kadmin"
is used to generate a keytab record from a principal stored within the
KDC database.  After producing the keytab file on the machine hosting
the KDC, then you can securely move it to Windows and place it somewhere
that your KfW based application can find it.

Jeffrey Altman
KfW Maintainer