Error accessing kadmin

Wyllys Ingersoll wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com
Thu Feb 12 15:00:40 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 10:00, Tyson Oswald wrote:
> I am hoping someone can help me with this.
>
> I installed Sun Enterprise Authentication Mechanism on Solaris 8 and
> configured it based on the install procedure. I have the kdc and
> kdc.master daemons running. When I enter
> kadmin -p kws/admin
>
> I get Database Error! Requried KADM5 principal missing while
> initialing kadmin interface.

When you run kadmin.local and list the principals in your
database (getprincs), does kws/admin appear?

"kws/admin" was given in the documentation as an EXAMPLE,
its not automatically put in the DB. The reader is supposed
to create an admin principal for themselves.

Example - if your normal user principal is "tyson",
you should create a principal called "tyson/admin" for administrative
duties.

-Wyllys