Error accessing kadmin

Tyson Oswald oswaldt at ameritech.net
Thu Feb 12 10:00:32 EST 2004

I am hoping someone can help me with this.

I installed Sun Enterprise Authentication Mechanism on Solaris 8 and
configured it based on the install procedure. I have the kdc and
kdc.master daemons running. When I enter
kadmin -p kws/admin

I get Database Error! Requried KADM5 principal missing while
initialing kadmin interface.

I am vrey baffeled by this error. I see very few references to it on
groups.google.com or even docs.sun.com.  The only ones I find give no
information on what the problem is or how to resolve it.  I am hoping
someone here can shed some light on this problem.

At first I thought it had something to do the kadm5.acl, but those
acconnts exist in my keytab.  One thing to note, my krb5.conf got
destroyed so I created a new one, which actually solved some other
issues I was having.

btw, kadmin.local works fine.

any help would be appreciated.

thank you,