rename host?

Jud Bishop judson.bishop at eamc.org
Thu Feb 5 17:57:23 EST 2004

I am trying to rename a host, my slave server.

Removed the old name from DNS, and can no longer ping the old name from
the master.

Changed the name on the slave.

Deleted my old keytab on the slave and any other keytabs that existed
for services that were on this box.

Deleted the host principle and any other principles related to it:
host/mail.eamc.net
ldap/mail.eamc.net
imap/mail.eamc.net

I even rebooted both boxes, which didn't help.

Add the new name of the host:
host/rhythm.eamc.net

Add the key to the keytab:
ktadd host/rhythm.eamc.net

But when I do a dump:
kdb5_util dump slave.dump

And then try to propagate:
kprop -f slave.dump rhythm.eamc.net

I get this error:
kprop: Server not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
ticket

And this is in the log:
Feb  5 16:42:43 blues krb5kdc[1805]: AS_REQ (3 etypes {16 3 1})
172.16.1.56(88): SERVER_NOT_FOUND: host/blues.eamc.net at EAMC.NET for
host/mail.eamc.net at EAMC.NET, Server not found in Kerberos database

It is still looking for the old hostname, mail.

This was working when the box was named mail, and now it does not.

Jud