Cyrus SASL and Kerberos

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 12:22:16 EST 2004

Running RHEL 3, Krb5 1.3.3, and Cyrus SASL 2.1.18.

Cyrus SASL is, by default, using "shadow" and works.
The server has all of the necessary Kerberos service
tickets installed (from our Active Directory server).
I test using "kinit <username>" and it works perfect.

When I change "shadow" to "kerberos", and attempt to
do a testsaslauthd, it fails, and I get this message
in the debug logs:

auth failure: [user=myacct] [service=imap] [realm=]
[mech=kerberos5] [reason=saslauthd internal error]

I'm thinking that there's some configuration that I
need to do to Cyrus SASL for the Kerberos settings,
but I'm not sure where to look.

Thanks,
Scott