Fedora2/Apache2 and Key Version Error

Scott Moseman smoseman at novolink.net
Wed Aug 25 17:30:31 EDT 2004

Cleared my tickets (had some old ones) and tried it all over again.
I get this ticket in the kerbtray with this format...

krbtgt/REALM at REALM
Client Name smoseman at REALM
Service Name krbtgt/REALM at REALM
Target Name krbtgt/REALM at REALM

I can login using the username/password prompt and nothing is
changed in the kerytray after successfully logging in through that.

But Apache2 is still giving us the same error messages as before.

PS- Should we assume that mod_auth_kerb on Apache2 is going
to allow us to do SSO without requiring the username/password?
Some responses I found give me the impression that this it not true
and we need to use something like mod_spnego instead.

Thanks,
Scott Moseman

""Nebergall, Christopher"" <cneberg at sandia.gov> wrote:

> You can use ethereal a packet sniffer.
>
> http://www.ethereal.com/
>
> But that is not your problem, from your error messages Apache it is
sending
> the header fine. The problem occurs later when the web server is trying to
> process the token sent from the browser.
>
> gss_accept_sec_context() failed: Miscellaneous failure
> > (Key version number for principal in key table is incorrect)
>
> The key in your keytab file does not match the key that the Active
Directory

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/kerbtray