Programmer documentation for MIT Kerberos

Mark H. Wood mwood at mhw.ulib.iupui.edu
Thu Aug 19 16:02:12 EDT 2004

Is there any documentation for programmers who want to use MIT
Kerberos that is, um, more up-to-date and complete than what comes in
the source kit?  I've been working from the manuals in doc/api but,
since they don't seem to document any of the data structures, I
trawled through krb5.h for clues.  Along the way I found that some of
the functions I had been planning to use are inside #if
KRB5_DEPRECATED blocks, and seem to have been replaced by others which
aren't mentioned in those manuals.

Also I've been unable to find *any* documentation in the kit on
libgssapi_krb5 or libcom_err.  What have I overlooked?  (I'm aware of
Sun's Solaris-specific GSSAPI manual, and it's a bit better than the
raw RFCs but still seems incomplete.)

I've been able to glean some clues from the kinit source, but it would
be nice to actually understand what I'm doing instead of just copying
things and seeing if they function in my context.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Open-source executable:  $0.00.  Source:  $0.00  Control:  priceless!