Kerberos in Linux Kernel

Gruber Johannes Gruber.External at infineon.com
Thu Aug 19 09:01:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

I would like to compile the 2.6.8.1 Kernel with the "Secure RPC: Kerberos V
mechanism" Module. But in the configuration program (make menuconfig) I
cannot select it. There are 3 - ("---") instead of the brackets.
What does these mean - is that already selected automatically or do I have
to install something else before I compile the Kernel?

After compiling the Kernel I found following lines in the log file:
CC net/sunrpc/aut_gss/gss_krb5_crypto.o
LD net/sunrpc/auth_gss/rpcsec_gss_krb5.o
Does that mean that the Kernel supports the Secure RPC: Kerberos V
mechanism?

Thanks for any comments.
Johannes