Kerberos GSS-API library for UNIX (running SAP)

Harding, Mike (SCC) Mike_Harding at bose.com
Tue Aug 10 10:54:33 EDT 2004

Hello -

I am on the SAP Basis Team at Bose Corporation, and we are looking to
implement SAP's SNC solution between SAP servers, across interfaces, and
even within a Single Sign On solution for our end users (integrating with
SAP GUI).  I have seen some literature which indicates that this is
available for SAP systems which run on Win2K.  However, one mentioned the
following, which indicated that we may be able to obtain a GSS-API library
for UNIX (HP-UX) hosts:

To use SSO with application servers on Unix and Windows
2000 front ends with gsskrb5.dll, you might have to purchase a Kerberos
implementation for the Unix machine(s).

Do you know if and/or where this is available for HP-UX?  Additionally, any
standard documentation you have related to the kerberos GSS-API library and
it's compatibility with SAP would be appreciated.  Please advise.

Thanks,
Michael

Michael Harding
SAP Competency Center