leash32 2.6.4 issues

David Botsch dwb7 at ccmr.cornell.edu
Tue Aug 3 23:07:36 EDT 2004

We've noticed a different issue w. leash (both this version and previous
versions):

when obtaining krb tickets/afs tokens, if we set the lifetime to something
greater thab about a day, we still get tickets/tokens for only about a day. So,
for example, setting both default ticket lifetime, min and max lifetime, and
min and mx renewable lifetime to 30 days, we will get a ticket good for a day
but renewable for 30 days. kinit from the commandline works as expected, giving
tickets for 30 days.

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 01:25:16PM +1200, Matthew Cocker wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Kerberos for Windows 2.6.4 and have some issues with it. The
> first is that when I use RDP to access a windows XP Pro box as a normal
> user the GUI is very slow unless I copy the conf files from c:\windows
> to the %userprofile%\windows directory for each user, then it seems
> happy. This is similar to how it works on server 2003 TS. Is this the
> intended behavior and this is how I should set it up.
>
> The other problem is with how leash32 interacts with the openafs
> autologon process. The openafs auto logon gets krb5 tickets via leash
> setup (I can see this via the krb5kdc.log) and stores them in
> API:principle at REALM. Now if I start the leash32 gui and change the krb5
> cache to this and refresh the gui I see I have tickets on some machines
> (well one) but on the other 3 PCs I have no tickets until I
> reauthenticate with the afslogon tools. As I don't get a consistent
> result on all the machines I am guessing a configuration error in
> leash32 some how.
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt

David William Botsch