Debug message compiled into libkrb5.a library?

Robert Stober rmstober at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 25 19:23:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

I compiled krb5-1.3.1 recently, and it works fine. But when I try to compile
OpenSSH or SSH1 with kerberos support I get "undefined reference" errors and
the compile fails. (What I mean is that I've tried both, each with kerberos
support.) Interestingly, in each case the final line before the undefined
reference errors is:

/usw/krb5/lib/libkrb5.a(cc_file.o): In function `krb5_fcc_generate_new':
/tmp/krb5/krb5-1.3.1/src/lib/krb5/ccache/cc_file.c:2063: the use of `mktemp'
is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

Could it be that there is some debug information somehow got compiled into
my libkrb5.a library? Could that cause this problem? If this is a
possibility, how can I get rid of it? I'm considering re-compiling
krb5-1.3.1 but if I do, how can I know that I won't just recompile the same
problem into the new library?

If you have a clue, please let me know.

Thank you,

Robert Stober