kdc.conf

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Wed Apr 21 13:39:14 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:51:47PM +0000, Graham Turner wrote:
> Jeffrey, was trying to understand the discrepancy in the documentation from
> MIT web site as compared to the FreeBSD information which references
> /usr/local/lib
>
> have not attempted to create any 'non-default' structures in deference to
> understanding if there was any bug or otherwise ??
>
> have not found any reference to a requirement of having to create this
> structure ?

Howdy,

I'm jumping into this thread late but I figured I'd be able to help with
path information on FreeBSD.

My /etc/make.conf says:

KRB5_HOME= /usr/local/krb5

/etc/defaults/make.conf points to just /usr/local/, though. In my case I
over-ride it because it makes my $PATH ordering easier.

The security/krb5 port reads that variable in order to determine where
to install it's files. So on my KDC, the path to kdc.conf is
/usr/local/krb5/var/krb5kdc. Note that the port didn't create the var
sub-tree, I had to create that myself (which was easy enough).

-T

--
Modern art touches a sore spot, or several sore spots, in the ordinary citizen
of which he is totally unaware. The more irritated he becomes at modern art