Antwort: Re: MIT Krb5 + SELinux [Virus checked]

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 15 09:37:47 EDT 2004

    denis> I have reasons to believe that my kerberos server accesses
    denis> /dev/random, rather than /dev/urandom, which causes very
    denis> slow service when (test) server is run under VMware. Not
    denis> really a big deal, but annoying.

The kadmind will open /dev/random at startup.  This is desirable
because kadmind generates long-term keys.

If it cannot find /dev/random, /dev/urandom will be used.