Antwort: Re: MIT Krb5 + SELinux [Virus checked]

denis.havlik@t-mobile.at denis.havlik at t-mobile.at
Wed Apr 14 07:13:39 EDT 2004

>Note that in general, Kerberos tools and libraries which expect to be
able
>to access /dev/urandom probably won't just "work differently" without it;

>they may refuse to operate at all, generating errors instead.

I have reasons to believe that my kerberos server accesses /dev/random,
rather than /dev/urandom, which causes very slow service when (test)
server is run under VMware. Not really a big deal, but annoying.

Is this a compile time option, or can I somehow tell it to switch to
"urandom" at run time?

regards
        Denis