a problem getting host ticket

Florian Genauer fgenauer at gmx.de
Tue Sep 9 12:07:35 EDT 2003

Hi Sreekanth,

Am 8 Sep 2003 22:42:37 -0700 hat Sreekant <sledgehammer_255 at hotmail.com>
geschrieben:

> well i am few of my friends are trying to setup a kerberos test bed in
> our colleage as a part of a semseter paper that has to be submitted in
> november....

Then you have still some time left :-)

> we have used two comupters for this purpose one is a KDC called
> EXAMPLE.COM...other is krb1.EXAMPLE.COM.

Did you read about the difference between the realm and the (DNS) hostname?
It would ease overview if you choose lowercase hostnames, and uppercase
realms.

[some configuration]
> well what can i do???

First off, i don't have much kerberos experience (also just did some
testing, the system never went productive...).
I would care about the hostnames, and how they are resolved. As far as I
experienced you need a running DNS for resolving hostname of the KDC and
the client, and you have to take the fqdn (either in keytab file and also
for principals)

[...]

hth
Florian