Authentication fails after doing ktadd

Aashish Patil aashishpatil at acm.org
Fri Oct 10 03:38:44 EDT 2003

Hello,

I added a new principal using

kadmin.local -q "addprinc test3/admin at REALM.NET"

After this whenever I tried to logon to kadmin, error shown would be
"GSS-API (or Kerberos) error while initialiazing kadmin interface"

To overcome this, I read an old post on this group to run the
kadmin.local ktadd command. So, after

kadmin.local ktadd test3/admin at REALM.NET

the earlier message goes. But now none of the passwords that was used
when creating this principal is getting accepted. Both kinit and
kadmin reject the password. Why? And what is the solution?

Is this because of the increment in kvno?

Thanks
Reg
Aashish