Double log messages under RH8

Mike Dopheide dopheide at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 9 15:41:58 EDT 2003

A few months back we migrated our KDC over from HPUX to RedHat Linux 8.0.
Ever since the migration our krb5 daemons have been writing every message
to the log twice.

We are using syslog for logging with this entry in krb5.conf:

[logging]
        default = SYSLOG:INFO:LOCAL6

And this entry in syslog.conf:

local6.info                                             /var/log/krb5.log

I've only been able to find one reference for another person having a
similar problem from 6-7-2002, I've included that at the end of my
message.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Dopheide            dopheide at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Research Programmer                217-244-0299