Encrytpion Methods Not Installed

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Fri May 30 16:57:30 EDT 2003

In article <Pine.BSF.4.44.0305261805530.141-100000 at s1.stradamotorsports.com>,
Jason C. Wells <jcwells1 at highperformance.net> wrote:
: On 25 May 2003, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
:
: > Which version of Kermit are you using?
:
: I am using "Kermit 95 1.1.20, 31 Mar 2000, for 32-bit Windows".  Lo and
: behold, who's name appears in "About".  :)  Thanks forthe reply.
:
: > Is it a "crypto" enabled distribution or not?

The current release is 2.1.3.  Please upgrade

  http://www.kermit-project.org/k95upgrade.html

Its free.

: It is a shrink wrap version that I bought some time ago.  I recall buying
: a crypto version, but I don't see where I can verify that. I have been
: using it successfully for Kerberized logins since then, so it must be
: crytpo enabled.  Right?

The non-crypto version of 1.1.20 would provide Kerberos authentication
but not encryption.

: Thanks,
: Jason C. Wells
: PS: Due to peer pressure from the group, this email address is real. :|

--
 Jeffrey Altman * Volunteer Developer      Kermit 95 2.1 GUI available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University  SSH, Secure Telnet, Secure FTP, HTTP