Unify Unix and NT accounts with kerberos

Jerome Walter walter+SP at M.efrei.fr
Thu May 1 17:03:37 EDT 2003

Good evening everyone,

I have been asked to study and implement a technology to unify accounts and
data between NT (2000), Unix (Solaris) and GNU/Linux stations.

For the moment, i think Kerberos would be the best (the only one ?) solution
to have the same password between NT and Unix, is it true ?

Am i wrong or anyone have ever had problems trying to use samba + Kerberos to
get a domain for NT stations "compatible" with GNU/Linux and Unix ?

Could you please give me advices about KDC to use, points to be careful of or
any other way to have these passwords synced without authenticating Unix
stations over the Windows domain.

Best regards,

Jerome Walter

--
-+--   Jérôme Walter - 	I2 EFREI		          ----+-
 Equipe Système - Efrei Robotique - Jap'Efrei - Erasmus Tutors