kinit error

Klaas Hagemann kerberos at northsailor.de
Wed Mar 12 04:15:38 EST 2003

Chee Leong Dew schrieb:
> Hi team,
>
> I have installed Kerberos V5 on Linux 7.2 and is running ok.I used kinit
>    :
>
> [root at client8 sbin] kinit root/admin
> Password for root/admin at CLIENT8.MYTESQ.COM:
> [root at client8 sbin]
>
> But it seems like nothig is added to my /etc/krb5.keytab
That is correct, in /etc/krb5.keytab are the keys for the
service-prinicpals stored.
The Credentials, ore the TGT for the user is stored somewhere under
/tmp/krbccache or something like this.

So you only use /etc/krb5.conf if you want to store the secret key of a
principal which you want to use instead of a password.

Klaas