kinit error

Chee Leong Dew email2me at time.net.my
Wed Mar 12 01:22:06 EST 2003

Hi team,

I have installed Kerberos V5 on Linux 7.2 and is running ok.I used kinit
   :

[root at client8 sbin] kinit root/admin
Password for root/admin at CLIENT8.MYTESQ.COM:
[root at client8 sbin]

But it seems like nothig is added to my /etc/krb5.keytab

I try anothe way. But ..When I run kinit command , i get such error :

[root at client8 sbin]# kinit -k -t /etc/krb5.keytab
root/admin at CLIENT8.MYTESQ.COM
kinit(v5): Password incorrect while getting initial credentials

Before I used kinit, I used klist to list the principal :

[root at client8 sbin]# klist -k /etc/krb5.keytab
Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
KVNO Principal
   2 root/admin at CLIENT8.MYTESQ.COM
   2 root/admin at CLIENT8.MYTESQ.COM