string-to-key in Windows Server 2003

David Lawler Christiansen (NT) davidchr at windows.microsoft.com
Fri Jun 27 16:02:36 EDT 2003

I haven't seen this problem before.  Very interesting.

Are you saying that the same keytab worked with win2k, but now doesn't
work with WS03?  If so, is anything else different about that
installation?

Can you kinit using the account's password (rather than using the key in
the keytab)?  If so, there might be some kind of corruption in the
keytab file-- regenerating the keytab may banish the problem.

---
This message is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
This message may originate from an unmonitored alias ("davespam") for
spam-reduction purposes.  Use "davidchr" for individual replies.
Any opinions or policies stated within are my own and do not necessarily
constitute those of my employer.
This message originates in the State of Washington (USA), where
unsolicited commercial email is legally actionable (see
http://www.wa.gov/ago/junkemail).
Harvesting of this address for purposes of bulk email (including "spam")
is prohibited unless by my expressed prior request.  I retaliate
viciously against spammers and spam sites.