Sun One Directory Server + Kerberos

Matthew Smith matt at forsetti.com
Tue Jun 17 08:09:47 EDT 2003

You may be interested in this:
http://www.georgetown.edu/giia/internet2/
and:
http://www.nd.edu/~eds/docs/edsarch.shtml

Both of these simply take the credentials passed during LDAP
authentication, and send them off to the KDC for verification.

PADL's (http://padl.com) plugin, I believe, will do "true" kerberos
authN, where a user with a pre-auth'd ticket can use those credentials
to access information in the LDAP directory, without re-authN'ing.

I know Luke from PADL lurks in this Newsgroup, so I am sure he will have
some more to contribute.
-Matt