Interopability

Matthew Smith matt at forsetti.com
Thu Jul 31 08:15:01 EDT 2003

Paul Williams wrote:
> I know Kerberos is meant to be inter operable between OSs.  Could you
> tell me if any Windows/ Unix Kerberos implementation have been
> successful.  I am working on a project for school and this would help
> immensely.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Williams

Although a couple answers have been posted already, I just want to add
one warning -- not all of Microsoft's applications are kerberos aware.
Even if you establish the trust between Active Directory and your MIT
Kerberos realm, map prinicipals, and can successfully logon to your
Win2k workstation using your Kerberos principal, you may not be able to
use the Kerb princ for everything.  For example, Exchange 2000 still
requires your NTLM credentials (E2k3 will fix this, I believe).
-Matt