Kerberos API's in general

Darren Jacobs darren.jacobs at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 12 21:19:29 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I'm using the RedHat RPM Kerberos package 1.2.7-14 and I have been
making a stab at writing something to slot username and passwords from a
web interface into the KDC.

I initially started out with intentions of using Perl with the
Authen::Krb5 and Authen::Krb5::Admin modules.  But Authen::Krb5::Admin
would never pass its make test.  If I forced a make install some
function calls would work, but most would not (specifically that add and
  change password methods would not work).

Then I tried a different track and went off to install the GSSAPI perl
module when during the make, gcc complains about not being able to find
"gssapi/gssapi_generic.h" or "gssapi/gssapi_krb5.h".  I also took a stab
at using the MIT Kerberos C API which also whinned about not being able
to find gssapi.

Can some kind soul point me to where I can get my hands on a/the C
gssapi library that will work with MIT Kerberos?

Darren.....