KDC doesn't start

Maik Hentsche news at mm-double.de
Thu Jul 10 04:02:02 EDT 2003

Hi!
I tried out MIT kerberos 1.2.8, but it doesn't work properly. When I try
to start krb5kdc, it prints "krb5kdc: cannot initialize realm
SUBNET.MM-DOUBLE.DE" at the commandline and "krb5kdc: No matching key in
entry - while finding master key for realm SUBNET.MM-DOUBLE.DE" in the
logfile. I strictly followed the instructions in doc/install-guide.ps and
did the following things: I created a database with

root at kerberos:~# kdb5_util create -r SUBNET.MM-DOUBLE.DE -s

That told me,the masterkeys name is K/M at SUBNET.MM-DOUBLE.DE Then I added
the principal admin/admin at SUBNET.MM-DOUBLE.DE, who is given full access in
kadm5.acl. At last, I added the kadmin keytab for kadmin/admin and
kadmin/changepw. According to the documentation, krb5kdc should start now,
but it doesn't (as written above). Can anyone tell me, what is missing
here or what I have to do, to get kerberos running?

Thanks in advance and so long
Maik

--
Der Verstand ist wie eine Fahrkarte. Sie hat nur Sinn wenn man sie benutzt.
(Ernst R. Hauschka (*1926), deutscher Essayist,