Replicating multiple realms

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Thu Jul 10 02:03:26 EDT 2003

Hi all.

I have a question. Suppose I have a mix of KDC masters and slaves. Suppose I have one big  master (our central Alpha Server) and several slave KDCs. Suppose I want one slave to replicate more than one realm from the master. How would I do it?

The way I'm reading the man pages, "kpropd" on the slave can be set to one realm only. Or am I reading it wrong?

What is the purpose of "-r" parameter? Man pages say it "specifies the realm of the master server". Is that the realm that will be received or the realm in which the principal of that host should be looked up?

Nix.