GSS module for proftpd

Markus Moeller markus_moeller at compuserve.com
Sun Jan 5 07:48:19 EST 2003

Sam.

it works with the Heimdal and MIT ftp client. I haven't yet tried the kermit
client which supports kerberised telnet/ftp/ssh nor WRQ Reflection nor
Hummingbird v7.1 plus security extension which are all Windows clients. WRQ
has also Unix clients and I expect ftp clients from Sun as part of SEAM to
work too. I saw also another open source client called yafc at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yafc/. I worked with the proftpd maintainers
to get changes into the main source and I try to get it onto the proftp
webpage or included into the package and will continue to maintain it
depending on my available spare time.I tested the code with the MIT client
against a Windows kdc and with heimdal on Linux (Suse 8.1) (heimdal and
MIT), Solaris 2.6/2.8(only MIT), Aix 4.2.1/4.3(only MIT). Since it is very
new I haven't got much feedback to be able to say it is very stable. It
works in all my tests and I see it as stable.

Regards
Markus