How do you find out what version of kerberos you have installed.

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 4 17:14:08 EST 2003

Rich> Hopefully someone on here can help me out, I have recently seen the
Rich> security alert for Kerberos 1.2.4 and below, and I would like to check
Rich> to see what version we have installed at our site.

It is not easy to determine the version for current releases of MIT
krb5.  We probably will add a command line option to some of the
clients to print a library version string.  For now, you may do:

strings libkrb5.so | grep BRAND

using the appropriate pathname for your installed krb5 library.

---Tom