MIT Kerberos v5 in Slackware 9.1

Jorge Ruão jruao at fe.up.pt
Thu Dec 18 07:35:43 EST 2003

Greetings,

I’m recent to MIT Kerberos. Currently I’m working on a project at Faculty of
Engineering University of Oporto implementing an OpenLDAP server with MIT
Kerberos Authentication, using Cyrus SASL.

The Linux distribution I’m forced to use is Slackware 9.1

I’ve configure, make and make install Kerberos v5 r1.3.1 in my system but
the /etc/krb5.conf file is not created, not even the /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/
directory for the KDC database.

My question is Have you found any problems with Slackware 9.1?

I’ve already gave a full-read at the Installation Guide along with a look-up
in the System Administration Guide, but haven’t found nothing regarding to
this.

If you know of any place where I can find information about Kerberos v5
installation in Slackware I would appreciate.

Best Regards

Jorge Ruão

CICA - Centro de Informática Correia de Aráujo

Faculdade de Engenharia

Universidade do Porto

E-mail-  <mailto:jruao at fe.up.pt> jruao at fe.up.pt

Tel- 22 508 1506 (Ext.1089)