Macintosh Safari Browser and IIS with Kerberos

Dr. Greg Wettstein greg at wind.enjellic.com
Tue Dec 9 10:37:25 EST 2003

On Dec 8, 12:29pm, Sam Hartman wrote:
} Subject: Re: Macintosh Safari Browser and IIS with Kerberos

>     Greg> Unfortunately in the current IT environment quality of
>     Greg> implementation has almost nothing to do with things while
>     Greg> the first implementation suffocates everything else through
>     Greg> the network effect.... :-(

> This is a strongly held myth.  I've not found it to be true looking
> over 5-10 year periods.

Interesting reflection, which I would have trouble holding as I
reflect back on the last 30 years that I have spent in IT.

Holding the first-mover induced network effect as a myth would require
denying the prima facie evidence of the economic realities of the IT
marketplace including the surrounding technology market in general.

I believe that the Open-Source movement is working to change this
economic reality.  Which will in and of itself have its own set of
interesting effects.

}-- End of excerpt from Sam Hartman

As always,
GW

  The Hurderos Project - Open Identity and Authorization Management
		http://www.hurderos.org - Coming soon.
"Given a choice between a complex, difficult-to-understand,
disconcerting explanation and a simplistic, comforting one, many
prefer simplistic comfort if it's remotely plausible, especially if it
involves blaming someone else for their problems."
                                -- Bob Lewis
                                   _Infoworld_