Macintosh Safari Browser and IIS with Kerberos

Dr. Greg Wettstein greg at wind.enjellic.com
Mon Dec 8 09:24:47 EST 2003

On Dec 5,  2:38pm, Sam Hartman wrote:
} Subject: Re: Macintosh Safari Browser and IIS with Kerberos

>     Wyllys> Rightly or wrongly, customers want this support and they
>     Wyllys> want it without having to use IE.  The mozilla codebase
>     Wyllys> allows for extensions such as this to be added (or
>     Wyllys> deleted) pretty easily, so in the future, if HTTP-SASL
>     Wyllys> becomes a reality, it can be supported easily, likewise
>     Wyllys> krb5-tls.
>
> O, to clarify, I agree this is useful technology.  As a customer, it
> is the best solution available to me today.
>
> As a protocol developer, however, I cannot consider this to be a
> reasonable approach for standardization.

Unfortunately in the current IT environment quality of implementation
has almost nothing to do with things while the first implementation
suffocates everything else through the network effect.... :-(

}-- End of excerpt from Sam Hartman

As always,
GW

  The Hurderos Project - Open Identity and Authorization Management
	     http://www.hurderos.org - Under Construction