su segfaults

Anze Slosar anze.slosar at fmf.uni-lj.si
Sun Dec 7 15:09:52 EST 2003

Hi,

I think I found a bug in kerberos:
I have a suse 9.0 machine with 2.4.21 kernel.
It works like this:

I copy krb5.conf from a friend with working kerberos installation.
I use yast to enable kerberos.
I try su, due to installation bug it tries to authenticate root via
kerberos, fails, but then lets me in anyway (after waiting for 5s or so).
I remove krb5.conf.
I exit and try to su again. This is what I get:

chopin:/home/anze # exit
exit
free(): invalid pointer 0x4019ca20!
anze at chopin:~> su
Password:
Segmentation fault
anze at chopin:~>

I don't know anything about kerberos, but I am worried about a suid
program segfaulting, it usually indicated a possibility of a buffer
overflow...

Cheers,

anze

-- "Hja, igram playstation, zvijam, zidam in delam na hisi,
sekam rastline po barju ..." [klemen klemen]