Macintosh Safari Browser and IIS with Kerberos

swbell kerygma2 at swbell.net
Thu Dec 4 17:25:48 EST 2003

I've been told this should work on Panther (not sure about Jaguar).  I did a
network trace, and sure enough, my Mac asked for a service ticket.
Unfortunately, the service principal name was "www" (yep - that's the whole
thing).  I'm waiting to hear back from Apple on how they came up with this
principal name, but I'm guessing that they don't understand Kerberos.
Perhaps they will fix this - hopefully soon.  I believe they tested the
Kerberos stuff with an Apache web server and not with IIS.

in article
815D636CDFAAD611A2DA006097AC6157DE4734 at blackanwhitecat.cybersafe.ltd.uk, Tim