Kerberos: The Definitive Guide now available

Dick Joltes djoltes at austin.ibm.com
Thu Aug 21 10:40:30 EDT 2003

I e-mailed the author before the book was published to ask about its
coverage of programming & development topics.  The book is solely
devoted to management and configuration issues; programming and
development are not discussed at all.

I'm half tempted to start work myself on a book covering the API,
but have no idea if anyone is doing so already or if one is even
needed.

At 06:31 AM 19-08-03 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello,
>congratulations and thanks for you new book.
>
>I've read O'Reilly information about it, but, and I'm not sure it
>covers all I need (I'm a newbie in all kerberos/spnego/GSS-API stuff)
>
>Does it explain how to use java 1.3/1.4 to implement SPNEGO on the Web
>server side, and later extract and validate the TGT with a KDC, as
>Active Directory?. For example, to be implemented by a servlet.
>Or does it cover how to implement this http authentication protocol
>directly in an apache module, to achieve SSO with IE6/WIN2k, without
>asking user for kerberos passwords?

Dick Joltes
Staff Software Engineer, IBM Pittsburgh/IBM Austin
DCE L3 Maintenance Team
djoltes at austin.ibm.com or djoltes at us.ibm.com