krb5_rd_req failed: no such file or directory

Richard Fox richard.fox at finisar.com
Sat Aug 16 02:26:26 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am sure this is an old problem but I can not find the answer to it.

I loaded the latest release from MIT and I have set up one machine as a KDC and one client.

When I telnet from the client to the server:
	telnet -a -f -x server

Everything works fine.

If I telnet from the server to the client then I get the krb5_rd_req failed: no such file or directory error message.
When I run tcpdump I do not see the client trying to contact the server, the client is searching for something on its own machine to verify the ticket.

Any ideas of what I must of missed in setting up the configuration files?

thanks rich