I am stuck at krb5_cc_initialize, how to check?

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 12 03:04:39 EDT 2003

Grace Tsai <gtsai at bnl.gov> writes:

> I am sorry to keep bothering you about this problem. But I am stuck at
> the
> function krb5_cc_initialize, I have got core file when this function is
> called.
> By using dbx to analyze the core file, I got
>
> Segmentation fault in krb5_cc_initialize at line 49 in file
> could not read "ccfns.c"
>
> The line 49 of ccfns.c is
>
> return cache->ops->init(context,cache,principal);
>
> I really dont know how to debug this.

Look at cache and cache->ops under dbx or gdb; is either NULL?  Both
should've been set to something non-null by krb5_cc_resolve unless
some error was reported.

Ken

P.S.  You don't need to send to kerberos at mit.edu and post to
comp.protocols.kerberos both.  There are gateways passing messages in
each direction, although the list at MIT currently set to hold
messages from most non-subscribers for moderation, because anything
else (with the current version of the list software) was letting too
much spam through.  There may be slight delays, but "real" traffic
will go through.