Web auth

Joey Collins joeycollins at charter.net
Fri Apr 11 21:25:07 EDT 2003

If you want to keep it simple, you can use kinit to get a
ticket-granting-ticket.  using kinit, you need to supply a username and
password, this gets packaged up in a KRB5 AP-REQ message to the domain
controller.  kinit returns success if the username/password pair are
valid, otherwise, authentication failure.  This scheme is predicated on
the assumption you have the plaintext username and password, perhaps
gathered over an ssl connection(https).

Joey.